Akok Recipe

Assalamualaikum :D.





*My first blogpost in Cardiff and this will be very Kelantanese and 'manis'.hahaha

Since the past few days, I have wanted to eat 'akok' and it was delayed because we haven't had a blender yet. Now that the blender has arrived, the wish could be granted, Alhamdulillah. I have never bought anything online before, but in here, everything can be found in amazon.

Remember, I am not a good cook. At least, not now. However, here is the akok recipe that I have tried and people like it that I decided to share it here. So, why not give it a go and have your own akok.


AKOK
Ingredients:
  • 100 ml of water
  • 1 piece of palm sugar (usu in Malaysia it comes from coconut or nipa palm) - You can add more of this if you want it to be sweeter.
  • 2 pieces of pandan leaves
  • 200ml of coconut milk (I used fresh milk)
  • 5 eggs
  • 3 tbl spn of plain flour
  • A pinch of salt
Steps:

  1. Simmer the water, palm sugar and the knots of shredded pandan leaves until the sugar melted.
  2. Now, add everything together in a blender and blend them :D. You will get a lot of bubbles.
  3. You can either bake them in the oven or on the stove (make sure you cover them).Grease the tray with oil/butter,/margarine first. I can't give any recommendations of the temperature or time taken. Sorry. 
  4. Time to have a taste on your work. Don't forget to read dua' and pray that it will taste nice.Hehehe

I know that it is quite hard to get the palm sugar in the UK, so you can use the brown sugar. I prefer the dark one. Another thing is you can use 'kuih cara' tray for this, but to make them bigger, let the batter overflow to all their sides.

Let me know if you have tried this. 
Till next post.

Thanks Mili. Masak Makaroni Bakar