School Visit Volunteering at Masjid


Assalamualaikum everyone.

A few days ago,I volunteered for a school visit in one of the local mosque here. There were 6 stations and I was assigned to take care of a group of 20 of seven and eight-year-old kids. They were very adorable and well behaved.

It was quite awkward at first as I am always quite socially awkward. Lol. After a brief introduction of Islam, they were divided into 3 groups. Then, when they all came to me as I stood in front of almost 60 kids, I greeted them with a smile on my face. I then asked them about their expectation.
"Alright, guys. Is this what do you expect to see in a mosque?"
"Hmm, no actually. I thought it will be bigger"
I can't help but curled both of my lips trying not to laugh.

The thing that they remember the most is probably the word 'Allah'. I am not sure if they really understand who Allah actually is as they repeatedly gave that as the answer to everything.
Cute. Kids are very innocent.

At the Quran station, they were given the chance to listen to Al-Quran recitation from the headphone for 2 minutes each. I love observing them. Some of them were even bobbing their heads and slightly shaking their body with a wide smile while listening to the recitation.

Children are so pure. They are like white pieces of cloth.