Broccoli Soup

Assalamualaikum,

With the motivation to eat healthily, I woke up yesterday wanting to eat something, but I rather have something that will make me happy with myself. So, I decided a vegetable soup. Then, I remembered having broccoli soup once in a restaurant and I absolutely loved it. I just never knew that broccoli can taste that good. After looking up for the recipe in the internet, I decided to make it with whatever I have got and it tastes quite good, well, at least not horribly bad. Lol.
So, here is how I made the soup.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 of the half of chicken breast (would you say 1/4 of chicken breast?)
  • Broccoli (If you buy it from lidl, use half of it)
  • Milk (about half a cup)
  • 1 potato - skinned and chopped
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • Black pepper
  • Salt
  • Water -about half a cup
  • Olive oil / butter

Well, you see my measurements have never been exact, alter as you like, especially with the water and milk.

Methods:
1. Simmer the chicken breast (Cut into roughly smaller pieces) in water for about 10 minutes
2. Heat up the olive oil,.Saute the onions and garlic.
3. Add in everything (potato, chicken breast with the stock, broccoli, milk)
4. Simmer until all are tender. Season with salt and pepper
5. Blend them untik you get a mushy and quite smooth soup
6. Reheat it.


Enjoy. :D